Shadow Word Fail
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vedran - Human Warrior

Go down 
+2
Arvis
Vedran
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Vedran

Vedran - Human Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Vedran - Human Warrior   Vedran - Human Warrior EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 8:18 pm

Main toon nick: Vedran
Server: Kazzak
Class and spec: Warrior, Prot. I'm not totally fixated on prot however, and am willing to take up a DPS role if needed.
Armory Link: WoW website seems to be down - will update soon.

IRL Name: Ben Palmer
Sex: Male
Nationality: English

Type of connection and speed:

2MB broadband - it's my own private connection, so when I play it's totally dedicated to WoW. My Pc is also directly plugged into the wall - it's definitely adequate for wow. This is while I'm at university - at home it's some wank wireless with lagspikes a plenty, but I'm not there often.

Harware specs:

Rather than list all my hardware - basically it's adequate for WoW. I upgraded my pc for AoC (nice waste of time and money that was!) and so now it runs wow like, well, it runs wow pretty damn sweet.

Ventrilo is a must but are you able to talk and communicate in english?

Well, if you can ignore my cockney accent, yeah I can communicate pretty well. Obviously I have a microphone, ventrilo, etc too.

Why do you want to join us?

I want to join you because of Thelenia! I've been levelling with him since I got back into WoW after an 8 month break, and well, he healed, I tanked, it was love at first sight. While I don't know many people in the guild, I do know that he is the type of player I like to play with, and as such, it seemed an obvious progression to apply for your guild when I reached level 80. I want to be able to play with mature people, in a fun yet serious(ish!) environment, and you guys seemed a shoe-in to be my first port of call when looking for an end game guild.

What do you expect from us?

Kinda covered this in the answer above - but I'd like scheduled raids that happen on time, and I can plan around, a friendly environment where I can make friends, maybe a little bit of PvP, because that's always fun, and generally a nice place to relax after classes/work. Basically, I expect joining your guild to make WoW more fun for me.

What can we expect from you?

Reliability - If I say I'll be somewhere, I will be, and if I can't, you'll know it's because I've done my damndest to try and still failed. Reliability doesn't stop there - having been a raid leader in previous guilds, I know what it's like to be trying a boss and have someone mess it all up by being retarded. You can rely on me to read up on bosses, and give 100% focus from raid start to raid end.
You can also expect someone who is willing to go the extra mile now and then - if raid end was scheduled for 11 and you need those few extra tries to take the boss down? I'll be there. Also, I kind of like to think that I have a reasonable sense of humour, and quite an amazing singing voice. If anyone should want me to, I'd be willing to bang out a few kareoki classics with my push-to-talk button held down.

Are you familiar with anyone in the guild?

Thelenia.

Current, pre WotLK and pre TBC raiding experience:

Full clear MC, BWL, AQ, little pre WotLK Naxx.
Full clear Gruul, Mag (prenerf), SSC, and TK minus Kael. All of those as raid leader.
None so far in WotLK - I've just returned to wow after an 8 month or so break.

How often you are able to raid (days and time you are availble for a 100% raiding and beeing awesome!)

Umm, with adequate notice, most evenings from start to end. Currently, my course at university requires me to work as a social worker for certain periods, and then my avaliability changes, but even then I should be able to play during the evenings. I live on my own, or rather, I live with a bunch of students, who also play computer games like nutters, and understand that sometimes you just have to play for 18 hours a day Razz My girlfriend is also pretty cool about stuff like that, so she doesn't care - so basically, what I'm trying to say, is that I can raid a lot. Obviously I have stuff like coursework and things, but bollocks, I'll just do them when it isn't raid time.

How do you prepare yourself for a raid?
Two litres of chocolate milk, and 40 marlboro light Smile

Unless anything has changed since I last played - 20 food buff, a whole bunch of healpots, and a few flasks.

Is there is anything else that you would like to add?

Uhh, this application really doesn't say that much about me. I study at university in nottingham, and I'm training to become a social worker. I'm honestly a really nice guy, and I like to think I'm pretty cool Smile I love football, and I support tottenham hotspurs with a passion. Umm, and I smoke. A lot. Sorry.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Ben.
Back to top Go down
Arvis

PostSubject: Re: Vedran - Human Warrior   Vedran - Human Warrior EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 10:18 am

(Thelenia here)

First thanks for the app, looks great at least to me Smile
Unfortunately, as you already know I can't comment on the chances of you joining but I can at least add my perspective to your application.

As Vedran already said we've done a majority if not all of the 72 - 78 instances together whilst leveling. He's a fun and generous player to play with (offering to pay repair costs on wipes is rare in pugs! Surprised). Knows how to multi tank mobs, never had aggro holding issues and listened well when advising on tactics. All in all I think he'll definitely become an asset to the guild providing he's active, which by the sounds of it he will be.

Best of luck with your application and either way I'm looking forward to doing more instances and gearing you up.
Back to top Go down
Vedran

PostSubject: Re: Vedran - Human Warrior   Vedran - Human Warrior EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 5:29 pm

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kazzak&n=Vedran - here's my armoury!

First of all, I'm a brand new dinged 80. Therefore, my gear sucks. However, it's easy to rectify this situation, and as such I wouldn't expect to be raiding until my gear was up to par. However, when I do have the gear, expect to see top of the range enchants around the board, the best piece of equipment I could have in the slot, etc etc etc. Sorry for the delay, Ben.

Edit - armoury hasn't updated as far as I can see - but I've dinged 80, and have 539 defence skill

Last edited by Vedran on Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Voddka

Voddka

PostSubject: Re: Vedran - Human Warrior   Vedran - Human Warrior EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 1:49 am

Vouched!! . GL with your application ..
Back to top Go down
Krapow

Krapow

PostSubject: Re: Vedran - Human Warrior   Vedran - Human Warrior EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 4:31 pm

Hi Ben,

Thanks for applying to the guild.

We are pretty full on Tanks at this time and the tanks that we have are very good and attend 90% of the raids, so a spot as a tank is probably not available.

Joining as DPS may be a possiblity but I can't comment as it's not my decison.

I can't look at your armoury as I'm at work, but if you don't already, make up a pre-raid dps gear list and try do the heroics you need to get the best in slot pre raid gear.

gl with the application
Back to top Go down
Vedran

PostSubject: Re: Vedran - Human Warrior   Vedran - Human Warrior EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 4:38 pm

I've done the pre-raid tanking gear, and that will be useful whether i get in or not. I'll do dps now Smile
Back to top Go down
Vedran

PostSubject: Re: Vedran - Human Warrior   Vedran - Human Warrior EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 7:21 pm

I'm going to withdraw my application from the guild, unless I'm totally wrong with what I am about to say. You have enough tanks, by all accounts, and this is the role I would prefer to play. While I do not mind playing DPS, I don't want to force people out of raids, or cause any trouble, so I'll try and find a guild where I can be an asset, not a burden Smile I also feel that my gear level is not on par with you guys, and do not wish to slow you down.

I'll keep my eyes peeled however, because I'm sure I'd like to join you in the future, and hopefully another application from me will be here in a little while.

Yours, Ben.
Back to top Go down
Tycho

Tycho

PostSubject: Re: Vedran - Human Warrior   Vedran - Human Warrior EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:34 am

Good luck with everything mate! I must say honestly, you sound like a really nice dude to play with.
Looking forward to your future application.
Back to top Go down
Xirz

Xirz

PostSubject: Re: Vedran - Human Warrior   Vedran - Human Warrior EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:38 pm

GL whit the app mate .
Back to top Go down
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kazzak&n=Xirz
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vedran - Human Warrior   Vedran - Human Warrior Empty

Back to top Go down

Vedran - Human Warrior
Page 1 of 1